Autumn’s all about colours. This colour-matching activity has stuck into my mind and I’ve been planning to make it for years. Very easy even if you can’t really sew like me.
What you need:
- coloured felt (brown, red, orange, yellow, green
- buttons (of the same colours)
- thread and needle
How you can create it:
- First draw your hand around on the brown felt sheet and cut it out. This will be the tree
- Sew the button on the finger tips and thumb
- Draw a simple leaf on different coloured felt and cut them out. You can decorate them with the marker (draw the veins)
- Fold the leaves half vertically and cut a hole in the middle.
How to play:
Give your child the leaves and the tree-hand. Their task is to button the leaves up on the tree branches. They need to match the right leaf to the right button.
This activity is great for kindergarteners who need practice doing up their buttons a lot.
In the meantime you can identify colours, talk about movements how to push the button through the hole.
Little L had a harder time at the beginning and needed some help with the first 2 leaves. But after that she did it all by herself.
They can take off the leaves and sing Autumn leaves are falling down.
Have a colourful autumn!