A quick, before-Christmas activity I put together was a hit with the girls. The best thing about it is that you can make the activity, so it suits all ages.
What you need:
- 12 or more green bottle tops
- hot glue gun/ or some type of glue
- a board (I used cardboard of a box)
- pom-poms of different colours
- white circles cut out of paper
- snowflakes of different colours (optional)
How to make it:
- arrange the bottle tops in a Christmas tree shape
- glue them on the board
- mark the colours in the bottle tops (I used punched-out snowflakes)
I presented the game to the girls on the 23rd December. They had been very excited about the coming Christmas and they had been asking about when the Christmas tree was coming. So here it comes.
It can be a simple colour matching activity…
But I wanted to bring in some more challenge. For Little L I drew dots on paper circles (3 and 4). She put a red pompom if there were 3 dots and a green one if it there were 4.
As in school E learnt addition and take-away up to number 8, I wrote additions on paper circles. The additions equalled either 5 or 8. She needed to put a green pompom if the sum was 5 and a red pompom if it was 8.
When she was done, she made me an activity… khm… a little bit more complex than mine.
This task can be done with numbers, addition and takeaway, division and multiplication, letters (lower and uppercase), sight words and so much more.
With this post I wish you a very Merry Christmas!